Having thick hair is something we all want – it not only looks better than limp hair, but it also looks healthier. Your hair may be thin for a few reasons, but you’re not alone in this problem. In fact, it is estimated that over 60% of women have some type of hair loss, including hair thinning due to disease, aging, and over-styling.
But no matter what the reason, the good news is there are natural ways you can try to achieve thicker and healthier looking locks:
1. Have medium-length hair.
Most women aim to have long and thick hair, but the reality is that having long hair when your hair is thin can make it look even thinner. Cut your hair at least by the shoulders’ length to give it extra volume.
2. Take the right nutrients.
The cells in your hair follicles require specific nutrients. You need to provide those requirements to stimulate hair growth. Take supplements that contain the following:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin B6
3. Use essential oils.
Thyme, rosemary, lavender, cedarwood, grapeseed, and other essential oils boost hair growth when massaged onto the scalp. Research by the Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Scotland, showed that essential oils are indeed helpful for people who have hair thinning problem.
4. Avoid harsh treatments for the hair.
These include using chemical-laden shampoos and conditioners. Opt for natural products instead. It is also unwise to pull your hair back in a tight ponytail. Hair irons can be problematic as well if you’re trying to protect your hair from thinning and further damage.
Instead of using products with so many unsafe chemicals, use the following natural treatments:
- Egg Mask: Eggs are great for both the skin and the hair because of the protein they contain. Beat two eggs and apply on your hair before you shampoo. Leave it there for 20 minutes before rinsing and using light shampoo. Do this at least four times a week to see the results.
- Orange Juice: Apply fresh orange juice onto hair once a week, which can promote hair growth and even help treat dandruff.
- Coconut Oil: The proteins in coconut oil help add strength to hair, which work well in treating thinning hair. Massage the oil onto hair and cover with a towel, preferably warmed, so the oil will penetrate the hair better. Rinse after 30 minutes.
Keeping your hair healthy is still the key to having thicker and better looking hair. Stop the treatments that have negative effects, so your locks will become stronger and eventually grow thicker in no time.