If you have sensitive skin, it’s hard to shave because you could easily get bumps after. But even if you don’t have sensitive skin, you shouldn’t want to come anywhere near a shaving cream laden with chemicals. It’s a good thing there natural ingredients that can make shaving much easier without leaving the skin irritated. Here are some recipes for shaving creams that you should definitely try making at home:
For Smoother and More Moisturized Skin
The ingredients for this shaving cream are:
- One ounce of soap that contains all-natural ingredients
- One cup of water
- Two tablespoons of coconut oil (fractionated)
- 10 drops of any essential oil you want
Once the ingredients above are ready, here are the steps in making this shaving cream:
- Take an ounce of soap and place in a saucepan that contains water
- Leave the heat to low until the soap melts.
- Remove the pan with the soap.
- Add the coconut oil as well as the essential oil.
Honey + Oil Combination
Honey has always been known as an antibacterial liquid. It can promote healthy skin because of its antioxidants that can help fight aging. As for sweet almond oil, it is rich in vitamin E, which makes it good for the skin. Here are the ingredients:
- Half a cup of sweet almond oil
- ¼ cup of raw honey
- ¼ cup of cocoa butter
- ¼ cup of castile soap
- 10 drops of any essential oil
- ¾ cups of warm water
With the ingredients ready, here’s what you have to do:
- Melt the cocoa butter.
- Get a measuring cup and add the melted cocoa butter.
- Place the cup in a saucepan that contains water as you would with a double broiler.
- Add the honey, sweet almond oil, and soap.
- Get a container and add the ones in the cup, filling it with water.
- Shake the cream to combine the mixture well.
Creamy Shaving Cream
This cream is great for the cold season when you’re looking for extra moisturizing and is very gentle even if you shave your face. Ingredients are:
- ¼ cup of olive oil (alternatives: coconut and almond oil)
- Two to three tablespoons of cocoa butter or shea butter
- ¼ cup of honey or aloe vera gel
- Two tablespoons of baking soda
- Vitamin E or grapeseed extract
- ¼ cup of castile soap (liquid)
You can also use a tablespoon of white cosmetic clay or kaolin clay if you wish. The vitamin E or grapeseed extract is for preserving the cream. Here are the steps:
- Melt the butter of your choice using a double broiler.
- Removing the heat, add the other ingredients when the butter is melted.
- Blend in a blender or use a whisk.
- Store in a container.
- Check the cream while it is still cooling in the container. It shouldn’t separate, but if it does, just shake well.
The homemade shaving creams are very cost-effective and can even last for months.