Most of us turn to coffee in the morning to get the energy boost we need. Similarly, in boring afternoons but we still have a lot of work to finish, a cup of caffeine may be exactly what we need.
But you don’t have to limit your choice to coffee or to energy drinks alone. There are other ways to get energy and one of them is by eating healthy.
Fruits and vegetables can provide us with stable energy and the best thing is that we can fit them all in just one glass through juicing.
Juice Recipes that Give Extra Energy
Recipe #1: Drink After Every Meal
You will need:
- A cup of fresh strawberries, sliced with no stems
- ½ of a large papaya cut into chunks
- One handful of mint leaves with stalks
Simply juice the ingredients above and you will get two glasses of a fresh minty combination of papaya and strawberries.
Why this is a high energy juice: Papaya has papain that helps digest problematic proteins in the body that can trigger low energy levels. Strawberries have high vitamin C content that reduces oxidative damage and boosts production of red blood cells for more energy. Mint can improve your concentration.
Recipe #2: Drink Whenever You Need Extra Energy (Best in the Morning and Afternoon)
The following ingredients when combined will give you a rich, frothy, and sweet drink:
- One cucumber (large)
- Two tomatoes (large)
- Two branches of kale
- Two apples
With the ingredients above ready, start juicing them. You can also cut the thick ingredients into chunks to make it easier for your juicer to process them.
Why this is a high energy juice: Cucumbers are great for providing energy, while apples have antioxidants that help fight chronic fatigue. Kale has many vitamins and minerals. Tomatoes are rich in lycopene and make this juice taste appealing.
Some Tips for Successful Juicing for an Energy Boost
You can juice any fruits and vegetables you want, but here are some pointers to remember:
- As much as possible, always use organic fruits and vegetables, especially greens and those with high pesticide content, such as apples.
- If organic produce is not available, make sure you clean your fruits and vegetables well. One way to ensure cleanliness and safety is through washing them in warm water with apple cider vinegar.
- You can add ice cubes and lemon or lime in the container of the juicer before you process your produce. This will help minimize oxidation and preserve the nutrients.
Fresh juices are great for improving your energy levels because of the nutrients the fruits and vegetables contain. They also boost your concentration, so you can focus on your tasks without problems.